We want you to feel confident using our website, so we're keeping it simple - this page will tell you how we collect and use your personal information.
What data do we collect?
Packshare collects the following data:
- ● Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc).
- ● Information about how you use our website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Packshare with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- ● Register online.
- ● Send us a donation via Paypal (we only see your email address).
- ● Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
Packshare may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
Google Analytics - this tells us how you navigate through the website.
How will we use your data?
Packshare collects your data so that we can:
- ● Display your information to individuals who have packaging you could reuse.
- ● Email you if you sign up to our newsletter.
- ● Email you to say thank you for donating.
- ● Email you about changes to the Packshare website so you can continue to access your account.
- ● We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
We do not share or sell your information to any other organisations.
If you send us a donation via Paypal, we do not process your payment details ourselves, this is all done on Paypal.
How do we store your data?
Packshare stores your data on the Packshare server, which is encrypted.
All the information we ask you for is then displayed on your profile page (eg your address for drop offs etc). If you delete your account with us, this is permanently deleted from the Packshare server. If you request to be removed from our mailing list we will permanently delete your details within 1 month of this request and will not store any data about you.
We will not send you any marketing information.
What are your data protection rights?
Packshare would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request Packshare give you copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Packshare correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Packshare complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Packshare erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Packshare restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Packshare's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Packshare transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit
- ● Keeping you signed in if you have an account.
- ● Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- ● Functionality - Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what type of packaging you have previously selected. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.